Monday, July 28, 2014

diary entry from June 20 2014 & more photos of my life in Lanjaron

Yesterday was waking up to the roosters and the sun filtering in through the curtains.   I went to the shed and cracked walnuts on a large rock for breakfast.   At 10 I went to see if Yann & Kerstin were ready to go to the market.   We decided to wait a while so I made some coffee and sat in my favorite chair while writing.   We ended up going to the market without Yann.   On the long walk we talked about how inspired we become when we travel because of all the lovely people we meet.  Everyone I've met lately has been inspiring to me in thousands of ways.

Somehow we walked straight into Yann at the market anyways.  He beat us there because he hitchhiked!   We all bought things for a picnic: olives, an avocado, a mango, a melon, bread;   we sat on the sidewalk passing a pocket knife back & forth.  I know one day soon I will long for that lunch.

From our picnic we walked in search of a squat Yann knew of that we could find by following the river.   Along the way we found a bar and we ordered a beer for each of us.  Kerstin's favorite type of trees were surrounding us:  gum trees with their pretty eucalyptus leaves and the most beautiful color scheme in every direction.   We never found the squat, but we passed ancient buses & trucks converted into homes and pink flowers were everywhere.   When we were tired & turning around to go back,  a heard of goats with a shepherd and a sheep dog passed us.

Now I have a special place in my heart for these two friends of mine, and all the other unique people I've met,  and I know that I am lucky to know them.   I love, love, love being with beautiful people who inspire me to  be beautiful too.  I realised this more than ever yesterday, when I lay on the ground eating an entire melon all by myself, next to two people who just a week ago I'd never met, with all the hair on my legs entirely grown out, wearing clothes that weren't mine a month ago, and completely content with the insecurity of the present.   Now I keep having these moments of realisation where I recognise this moment should be shocking, but it isn't.   It means the present is exactly as it's supposed to be,  and secretly I worry how I can create my near future similar to this bliss.






















































Ps.  Some of these photos are not my own
thx Kerstin, Rob & Yann :-)